Have you noticed the map on the wall in the clinic and wondered what it was all about? Now’s the perfect time to learn more– it’s the People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture (POCA)’s annual fall membership drive! Providence Community Acupuncture (PCA) is a proud member of POCA, which is a cooperative of patients, clinics like us, acupunks, and allied organizations committed to working together to make acupuncture accessible and affordable to as many people as possible. And to sweeten the deal, PCA is offering $10 treatments to POCA members in December!
Patient/community memberships are $25 to $100 sliding scale, which more than pays for itself in benefits. Membership dues help fund POCA Tech, POCA’s technical training institute, as well as micro loans to help open clinics in underserved areas. Joining POCA helps POCA support the spread affordable acupuncture around the country.
Sign up for a membership online https://www.pocacoop.com/join-page
So, why should you join POCA?
1) We need you because YOU are the community in community acupuncture.
2) Participate in the quietest revolution and spread the calm and healing all around us.
3) Create community acupuncture clinics in parts of the country that desperately need them.
4) To keep acupuncture affordable here in Rhode Island and around the country.
5) Have your new patient paperwork fee waived at any POCA clinic.
6) Get three “1st Treatment Free” cards to share with friends and family to use at any POCA clinic
7) Get a free birthday treatment every year.
8) $10 treatments at PCA at certain times every year. In 2016, we will be offering $10 treatments to POCA members during May and December.
9) Find volunteer opportunities in our clinic and within the larger organization.
10) Help provide a working model for sustainable, ethical, and affordable healthcare practice.
So join POCA today, take advantage of our December special of $10 treatments for POCA members, and help spread affordable acupuncture far and wide!